Prom Night Don'ts
Posted on Mar 17, 2014 by Default Admin User | Comments (0)
Okay, prom-goers! The big night will be here sooner than you think. Here’s our advice on how to get yourself prom perfect, and what common mistakes to avoid!
PROM NIGHT DON'TS
- Don’t … Spoil your own night! Resist the urge to tweet or share pictures of your dress, shoes, or hair/makeup before the prom. You’ll ruin the element of surprise for your date, and might invite unwanted snark. Go ahead and take the pictures, but stick them in a digital album which you can then release AFTER the prom. Pix of your style details pre-prom should be sent to best-best-besties only, on condition that they are immediately deleted or are locked away!
- Don’t … Stash your phone in your dress during the prom. Cmon, nobody looks classy pulling a chunk of metal out of her cleavage. Store it in a pretty purse with your other necessities and only take it out on occasion during the night. You want to be enjoying a special night with your date and friends, not viewing it all through the screen of your smartphone.
- Don’t … Eat foods that will cause you to bloat yourself into an uncomfortably tight dress. Avoid these gassy items from 2 days out: beans, artificial sweetener, salty food, dairy, carbonated beverages, chewing gum and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage).
- Don’t … Get drunk. We’re not going to pretend underage drinking isn’t happening at your prom, but we strongly urge you not to take part. You’re spending all this time and money to look and feel your absolute best and have a memorable night. Don’t sabotage the way you look, feel, or behave at your prom by getting sloppy. You’ll regret it.
- Don’t … be over- or under-prepared. If your hair and makeup is done correctly, you don’t need to bring a huge bag of makeup and hair supplies. Put these items in your prom purse: phone, compact, lip color, bobby pins, safety pins, breath mints, tissue.
PRE-PROM PLANNING: YOUR BEAUTY SCHEDULE
- 10-16 DAYS BEFORE PROM
Haircut (and color or treatments like deep conditioning, if you choose). This is when you have your stylist do your trial style.
- Makeup Lesson or Trial Makeup Application.
- 4-7 DAYS BEFORE PROM
Get a facial. (We recommend our Teen Facial.) You want to put your best complexion forward for your prom, but don’t have a facial just before the big night. Skin might be red or inflamed after a facial and needs a few days to subside.
- Get your spray tan, if you’re choosing to go the fake-bake route. Personally, we prefer au naturel, but a spray tan is a much better and safer alternative to the sun’s rays.
- Get legs and underarms waxed. Give your skin some time for redness or irritation to disappear.
- 3-5 DAYS BEFORE PROM
Have your eyebrows groomed. Again, you want to do this well before the prom to make sure there any redness or irritation has gone away by prom night.
- 2-0 DAYS BEFORE PROM
Have a manicure and pedicure. Ideally, you want to have these done the day before the prom, so that you have minimal time to wreck your pretty nails but aren’t crowding the day of the prom with too many appointments. If it can’t be avoided, have them done the morning of the prom.
- DAY OF PROM
- Makeup Application (if you’re not doing your own makeup)
To book one of our stylists, request your appointment today.